Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tropical Mahi Mahi Dinner



The other day I was checking out all of the different kinds of fish in the Whole Foods freezer isle. I was tempted to stick with the flounder but I wanted to try something different this time around. Man, was I glad I did! Mahi Mahi is a wonderful fish. It has a delicate flavor, but a denser texture, almost like chicken. I actually fooled Ervis into thinking he was eating chicken the first minute or so...lol.

I prepared the fish filets by marinating them in pineapple juice, sherry, garlic and soysauce. Then they were stuck under the broiler for about 5 minutes on each side. I made a fresh pineapple and mango salsa with red onion, cilantro and lime juice. Mmm! A side of rice and tangy black beans complimented the dish nicely. Not to mention my hawaiian slaw that I threw together using the extra pineapple, cabbage, toasted sesame seeds, lime and mayo. It was definitely a night in taste bud paradise : )

Oh and forgot to mention that we had coconut pineapple smoothies for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment