Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Apricot Ginger Glazed Salmon




Ok folks, this recipe was the bomb!

We're really having fun with the new grill. Veggies turn out awesome! So crunchy on the outside and sweet and juicy on the inside.

As you can see, the hubby was very amused that I was out there doing my thing! Thanks for the photos Erv.








Recipe for Glaze:

3 TB Apricot Preserves ( I used natural no sugar added with the pieces of fruit - don't use jelly )
2 TB Lite Soy Sauce
2 Cloves Garlic
1 TB fresh grated ginger
Black Pepper

Mix all of the ingredients together and gently brush onto salmon steaks. Make sure your grill is hot and well oiled. You do NOT want these babies to stick. I had the misfortune of losing the tail end on one of my steaks. Cook for approx 3- 5 minutes on each side, depending on how thick the steaks are. Serve over wild rice with scallions and grilled veggies. We LOVE asparagus. Yum-O!

This sauce would probably be even better if I had let it sit overnight...but I can't think that far ahead and I don't always have the patience when it comes to food!

No comments:

Post a Comment